BUNN DJ Company's Top 5 Unique First Dance Songs
It usually goes like this; to the sounds of friends and family clapping and cheering, the newly married couple triumphantly walks to center stage and as the guests begin to sit and the clapping fades, the couple gets close and the first notes of their first dance song start playing. This dance is the start to the most important night of their lives, and the music helps set the mood.
As a DJ company, we’re asked from time to time for song suggestions because not every couple has a song that’s “their” song, and others aren’t sure what to choose but know that they don’t want a song that “everyone uses for their first dance”. For many couples, slow country ballads are always popular and classic tunes that still hold their weight like “Stand By Me” or “You Are The Best Thing” are always a solid choice.
However, for couples looking for something perhaps a little more unique we’ve got a few great ideas for a First Dance song that might suit the style of folks looking for a song chosen less frequently, so we’re happy to share Bunn DJ Company’s Top 5 Unique First Dance Songs
1) Sting & Shaggy - “Don’t Make Me Wait" : For warm weather weddings, this tropical beachy sounding jam is an upbeat gem and the Shaggy vocal will bring a lighthearted feel to the dance. Definitely for those who want less formal.
2) Nathaniel Rateliff & the Nightsweats - “Thank You" : Upbeat and simple sounding, this one crosses country and hipster tastes.
3) Leon Bridges - “Coming Home" : Putting a modern twist on the classic soul/Motown sound, this is a slower song great for swaying and a few choice twirls before that big dip at the end.
4) Twenty One Pilots - “Can’t Help Falling In Love" : The Haley Reinhart version of this song is popular, however this one is played on the ukulele and is a very stripped down version of the Elvis Presley classic. This is a slower song and in our opinion, a great twist on a timeless tune.
5) The New Basement Tapes - “When I Get My Hands On You” : A really nice slower song, the lyrics are by Bob Dylan and the sweet standout vocals on this song are by Marcus Mumford, from folk rock band Mumford & Sons.
Check those songs out online, and if you need any more song suggestions feel free to contact us at bunndjrva.com , check our Instagram @bunndjrva or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Authored by: Frank Guertler, owner of Bunn DJ Company as well as one of the DJ's.
Follow him on Instagram @djfrankierva